whether in the business place of fear? The question is not the easiest which I fear may be the people who once abandoned the idea of stable work, salary and office routine to build his case for the sake of their goals: make money, stop working, “uncle”, to make the world better or to save him. But no, every entrepreneur believes money and purchasing something for your corporate needs — it costs, and it is important to understand will pay off or not. Sometimes the situation becomes interesting distortions: the head is ready to buy the most expensive phones and laptops, but do not dare to buy a CRM because he seems to be overkill — after all, everything works. And then buy it, and it “will not fly”, do not generate revenue, will cause resentment among employees will become redundant asset. Often the only reason for such behavior is greed, the second place — fear. And if you about the first reason we need to recall that greed fraera ruined, with fears more interesting to understand.
Before implementing the CRM system, it is important to understand how it will fit into your long-term strategy, in other words, why is it you? You should be aware that it really can work in your business, satisfy domestic demand and domestic requirements. First of all, try to answer the questions:
- What drives my need for CRM?
- What I want to do with this CRM?
- What functions does CRM do I need?
- What problems will solve CRM?
You can then proceed to the selection of the vendor and specific system. But it’s not is almost never. The reason is that most fears. We counted seven major.
Your employees resist the implementation of CRM and other software
If the guy took a plate and a pad of paper stuck to the table,
This means that the author of the way to make found.
It means funneling the money by your hands,
So you won’t be surprised if the data will go.
To implement CRM, they decided, yeah. Customers to take into account.
Often happens when employees within the company act as a lobby and can “push” the head on the coolest party, a summer trip with the whole company somewhere for some not really needed office entertainment. In principle, it is normal that a person spends at work 9 hours a day and sometimes more and want comfort, convenience and amenities some type of office kitchens, partitions, tables, fridge, table games or machine. But when it comes to operating and management decisions, pressure on the part of employees should not impede the development of the company.
If the decision to implement CRM/ERP or any other corporate system is taken from the top (and often that’s the way it is taken), employees may boycott the new software. Make it easy — simply do not work in the system and not to contribute data to it, referring to the awkward interface, an unnecessary waste of time or workload. And all the Manager can do nothing: the work goes on, no one idles, just colleagues uncomfortable, bad, they choose the old method of working. This it strike is fraught with many challenges: lower speed, Neocaesarea costs of corporate conflict. If employees allow themselves to abandon the compromise and to organize a protest lobby, think about how strong you are as a Manager and what you don’t.
How to deal
This situation, in practice, pretty much painless outputs. List some tips that will help you adapt the CRM to the team and not to cause a negative.
- CRM system within the team need to sell — just as you sold it to vendors. Gather your employees, explain the benefits and opportunities, respond to questions, clearly indicate the line of control, for which CRM won’t come in (relatively speaking, almost all employees will fear that CRM classifies the history of visits to sites and “writes” the keyboard, and no system does — tell me about it directly, show the admin panel on a large monitor).
- Identify the core of the resistance. In a small company it is usually one, rarely two people. Meet with this employee, explain the reasons for implementation, have become your ally and early follower CRM, offer the role of internal expert. If you feel that you do not understand, or realize the scope of his interests lies in the possibilities to leucite the client base, taking kickbacks, selling off the company, etc., stir up the anthill to the end: look for all concerned, calculate its trades, and if you have undeniable facts, let man understand that in your business to steal and leucite impossible, and if the person does not accept these rules, he must make a decision about dismissal. In the process of dismissal of the employee is not forget about a set of information security measures to prevent data leakage and maintenance of client base.
- Get a good, comprehensive training with the vendor, and without, form of internal experts, provide employees printed manuals — employees of the company should be comfortable with the new software, they should know that they will help even with the most stupid question.
- Actually, sometimes employees don’t know what you are fighting, so just swipe usability testing (one day!), to show them how cool and convenient to use CRM. They will be involved. When we studied foreign experience of CRM systems implementation, we liked the exercise “a day in the life”: staff time, are switching to CRM and work with it (demo version), day, two, three, a week, and then write/talk about what they did, what was good and what didn’t like the way they would like to work with the CRM system. So you kill two birds with one stone: acquainting with the system and at the same time gather requirements.
- Integrate CRM with staff: test the demo version, form working groups, collect requirements from all departments, which will affect automation.
And most importantly, don’t be afraid of your employees and their reactions. Any deviant behavior has its own cause and its own root. Look for them and try to touch both layers of reasons not to work with automation. This is the case when it is not needed neither whip nor the carrot need a competent analysis of the situation and corrective actions.
Do you think spending on unnecessary CRM investment
If investment zero to your profitable business,
It is likely you will blow much of the crisis.
Without investment business is waiting, Oh, the result is simple:
Was profitable exhausted — suddenly became profitable.
Money? What money?
Common opinion: why do we need a CRM system, if you have Excel, you still pay for it! In the extreme case, free take or OpenSRS on the knee will collect. In fact, there is exactly one way to invest in CRM — just don’t use it. In other cases, you will still have to pay for licenses for the work of the programmer, for paid tech support free system, etc. You product your business free of charge do not distribute why some are still revenue, right? So why the CRM vendors should be altruistic and feed employees with dew? They provide you with complex software solution, which left a huge number of man-hours and material costs, which has a rather high cost. You do not come to mind to demand the dealership to give the car over right? I.e. we’ve dealt with the first part of a thought — will have to pay anyway. Even if you managed not to go to the vendor, and simple to use CRM, you will pay for it with time spent by employees on setting and self-learning in a number of primary errors and a sudden opening, “Oh, that’s how it works”.
Another thing, if the only motive to abandon the CRM system is the need of attachments. Basically, for Russian small and medium businesses it is often not surprising: most importantly, to the margins, but what there method is intensive or extensive, it is abstruse for you posts on Habr leave. But no, in 2019 this approach rolls less, and soon will not work. We all have competitors, in many industries, price competition is not working, it remains to choose other than price, among which the main service. If you find the approach to each client as a friend, revenues will grow. And CRM is now a necessary investment, the fee for an organized customer database, easy to manage, which is convenient to analyze, which ensures personalization. Plus, CRM-system today is a key element of information security, i.e. security of your data from you and not from competitors and intruders. If you are willing to pay for order, security and the accountability process, you clearly do not like their business and don’t appreciate the work of employees.
How to deal
We don’t know. I think that for the transport of goods by horse and cart better than GAZelle Next, consider further.
Top managers ignore the introduction
If the ROP, the CIO and CTO averted her eyes
This means that the process expects in the afternoon.
Don’t need the briefing you, regulations, decency —
The business will lead to hell tops indifference.
Fear, very close to the previous one, but less pronounced, causing more dangerous and hardly predictable. The decision to implement a CRM system made, work is continuing with the collection of requirements, the employees ready to accept new automated reality, but there is a group of people who just wash their hands and depart in the direction from the process top — level managers (heads of departments, heads of departments, etc.). And to do can as commercial Department (we didn’t ask, we don’t need) and technical (haha more to implement and maintain). There are several reasons:
- a specific Manager is given the opportunity to supply “their” CRM system with any personal bonus (rollback);
- Manager fears of a new level of transparency in the customer base and transactions, reduction of personal informal contacts with clients (to fish in troubled waters is easier);
- the Manager did not used to work with and he did not want to engage in complex, time-consuming and responsible process;
- technical Manager/system administrator does not want to learn, to implement, and then, and maintain complex enterprise software that requires configuration and ongoing internal consultations;
- employees had a negative experience with automation systems in a previous paper, they do not believe that CRM/ERP will help this time.
Alas, when the leaders are afraid to take responsibility and engage in the process, subordinates unwittingly copying their behavior and also begin to treat innovation with suspicion. This attitude tops — the scourge, a sign of impaired communication in business, problems with the hierarchy and distribution of work tasks.
How to deal
The path is again similar to the previous — work closely with the head of the doubters, to find out the real causes and to help to understand complex issues. However, here an additional task is to develop a roadmap of the interaction between the leader and his subordinates. Preferably in the truest sense of the word: to register and to say how it will work with the employee with the implementation of the entrusted unit. During implementation it is necessary to hold meetings and to verify the status of every division is important even in non-crisis situations.
Are you afraid of the CRM technology
If you are it-business, from introductions far
Can seem that AT you not with his hands.
If you have no admin, programmer — not a problem,
Vendor will come to you for help — really, for a fee, but not always.
This is a very common and largely justified fear — the company does not want to get involved in the implementation of CRM or ERP, because this software, and it requires certain technical skills. In many non-technical small and medium business has no full-time programmers or system administrators, and sometimes so does the entire staff: the Director, accountant and salespeople. From here there are concerns: who will implement, configure mail and telephony, and how to program processes and to understand this damn BPMN 2.0, customize the templates, to make additional reports, to organize the distribution? But if the Internet is off or the server will crash? No, well lived, is nothing to start such front concerns of a company without a technical background is not just pull.
This fear generates the second: how to choose a contractor? Outsourcers ask for money for each step, freelancers do everything anyhow and disappear from the radar, Enkei ad can not cope with the tasks, large system integrators is some people from another galaxy, judging by the prices. Take the employee — is also a questionable solution, because the tasks are not many, and wages need to pay each month (although this is the best solution for organizing it infrastructure in any company, and the employee can agree: either make the lower salary and be allowed to do their projects in the office, or assign him additional tasks).
As a result the company is lost and refuses to CRM systems implementation in the face of possible technological difficulties.
How to deal
The solution as simple: contact the vendor. Don’t buy CRM from coaches and trainers, advertising agencies, journalists, etc., use the services of professional companies and their technological partners (those for whom the implementation and elaboration — the main activity). The vendor has extensive experience implementing and knows in advance where there are problems, what to pay attention to where to be safe and what to explain to the client (i.e. you) further. Yes, the services of a vendor fee, but this is the professional service for which you pay once and can live for a long time. Consider a sample set of services vendor that will be useful and will cost not too expensive.
- The basic configuration of the CRM, the distribution of access rights, if necessary, to configure additional security measures.
- User training, including online.
- The connection and integration of virtual PBX, configure telephony in relation to CRM, if necessary, configure the IVR.
- Set up your email client, instant messengers, integration with the site, including with the optional.
- Create templates of contracts, commercial offers, primary documentation, etc.; if it is technically possible to configure calculators.
- Modeling and configuring business processes.
- Integration with 1C, equipment, and other SOFTWARE.
- Other work, which may have an impact on the operation of CRM.
An impressive list, which is actually much wider than it looks — we have built it on your example, from vendor to vendor services are significantly different. Meanwhile, you yourself, without assistance from the vendor, programmer and system administrator can save money on services. Carefully test your chosen CRM, read the documentation, understand the logic and you will understand that it is easy to manage settings, permissions, databases, business processes, and even newsletters. It will take much less time than you think. Well, for future maintenance we always recommend you to form an inner expert and use a package of advanced technical support. It is not so expensive, but quickly, comfortably and professionally — you won’t notice simple things.
The head of the company with the word “CRM” reacts “What?”
If the boss does not understand techno-innovation
Then manually you have to conduct transactions,
To spend time, money, nerves and, of course, power.
As a result — a sad business and employee hill.
So, CRM? Go to work, slackers.
A rare but terrible situation: employees want the work, convenient calls, emails, reminders, client cards with complete information, and received in response “what the hell”.
Let’s experiment. Go to google.co.uk entered “how likening boss to buy crm”, get such a list at the top:
How To Likening Boss That You Need CRM Software Convincing Your Boss You Need CRM Software 8 Arguments to convince your manager to adopt a CRM tool Persuading Your Boss to Invest in the Right Sales Tool
Go to google.ru you enter “how to convince your boss to implement crm”, get such a list in the top —
no, only threads with partial occurrence of certain words from the query.
And that, my friends, is very significant — rare in a Russian company’s initiative of automation of business comes from below. Accordingly, if the Manager knows nothing about CRM, a company will sooner or later experience problems with working with clients. Yes, tables, personal records and human memory can survive for a long time, but sooner or later there will be a crisis situation in which the company will be unprotected. After that, operational risks and issues will be pouring a serious wave and reactionary thinking Manager will be able to quickly expand the vector control. So if you read this post and understand that you want to work in the company, earn more, save colleagues, try to initiate the automation — it’s possible you’ll be a hero. Well, or initiative will fuck the initiator. We are not here to give any guarantees.
You are afraid to drown in data
If the data curves in the figures if the problem
This is very bad: it means that the business is not in order.
So you have no policies and no success,
Because only the analysis on the process of pouring the light.
You have a large amount of accumulated information about transactions, customers, employees, sales results, etc. All this information is fragmented and does not work. It is scary to have the whole array of data in CRM and begin to work with different slices, because such analysis can lead to a revision of at least the paradigm of sales, as a last resort, the entire operating activities. Deep Analytics, even small data small and medium businesses are really able to turn things upside the head (or rather, finally put on his feet and shake).
Besides Analytics requires a different approach from the employees: in addition to the usual plan-fact appear in sections, in a completely different way begins to be assessed the sales funnel. You must be able to interpret the obtained data and apply them to real daily work, not for the pretty graphs at meetings and in reports to the General. So there are fears: not cope, make mistakes, get in trouble.
How to deal
CRM — your one-stop tool for analysis that works for you. You and your staff make the detailed data for every relevant transaction within a transaction, fill the directories are clients, planning, etc., and get many different reports that show the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of the processes (for example, we have developed more than 100 ready reports for small and medium businesses, which are included in the basic delivery RegionSoft CRM).
So you have a few simple tasks in order to have a complete picture in numbers:
- always make relevant and correct data
- to have a single source of input information — CRM system
- to monitor notifications from the CRM system in a timely manner and to remove duplicates and incorrect data
- timely upload reports and track dynamics
- to make decisions based on the Analytics, not just intuition.
Do you think that CRM drags other purchases of software
Money if tons three took introduction —
This means that you have a misunderstanding.
Because if it is true and deliberately to implement
Your money will not lose anything — will only grow 😉
Organized group business applications and Addons trying to catch up with CRM.
But this fear is based on real events — on the market is really a lot of CRM systems that, in addition to subscription fees, will entail a variety of single and periodic payments: purchase of connectors, plugins, external apps from the marketplace, and so on. This approach is related to the business model a particular vendor, and you either accept it, or looking for vendor, who read out the entire list 🙂
Companies are afraid that they will have to buy or rent a different, which will be integrated with CRM: virtual PBX, mailing service, warehouse program, program, to account for purchases etc. the Purpose of such purchases is the desire to build an end-to-end it infrastructure with complete automation. In addition, the question arises: how effectively will all this work together can be integrated and how high the cost of ownership?
How to deal
There is a very widespread belief that CRM is just for sales, so often the company chooses the first available software (and almost any CRM able to cope with the basic parameters sales client — transaction — amount) and not to seek to choose a comprehensive, universal solution. It’s bad. Integrated solutions can provide great automation to cover most of the requirements and save money. For example, our CRM system in the older editions includes warehouse management, manufacturing, business processes, numerous reference books, three-level schedulers, integration with commercial equipment and more. That is, it is one price of the license CRM closes a lot of questions.
Although there are problems when the purchase of additional software solutions is advisable, but is a special case and should be discussed with the vendor. But buying CRM to individually pay for the stock + integration, mail client + the connector business processes + integration, etc. it’s weird and terribly inefficient. Choose a comprehensive, universal solution, they are steeper.
Where fears grow legs?
Causes of these fears a lot, they are very different from company to company, but there are 4 of the most common.
- Lack of knowledge — when the opinion about automation is formed on the basis of people’s opinions in social networks, opinions of those who could not understand or completely false, fake reviews on sites (we did on this occasion his investigation). Vendor receives a huge amount of information, for which they often respond, in any case long been present on the market. Study the different sources, check the information — it often happens that unscrupulous dealers vendor just raritat article vendor B and for their issue, and the examination then B, but not dealer A. Critical thinking and trusted sources (Habr, websites and blogs vendors) — the shortest path to literacy.
- The rejection of the idea of introducing — fundamental unwillingness to even try to choose a CRM system. As a rule, the basis of this behavior is someone else’s negative experience. Here you need to understand that business-to-business alike, and each company’s implementation will go according to his script, and the operation will bring the result.
- Greed (not to be confused with thrift and foresight) is a big problem, which is the complete and no motivated refusal of investments into development of the company. Eventually leads to stagnation, and problems with staff and the backlog of competitors. In the modern information flow and new shopping habits (consciously choose to demand quality service, to seek benefits) no cost for advertising, enterprise software, staff development is fraught with sagging income.
- The failure of the idea of CRM on belief (“help” coaches, staff, etc.). There is nothing special to comment on: no — and all. Think about what can cost such principles in business and in life.
We have listed the most common fears of implementing a CRM. Learned something myself? We have some bad news for you — if your company has these fears, then, in principle, something is wrong and maybe the problems will shoot at the wrong time. And we are desperate liars if we say that you should buy CRM and everything goes. Problems are much more systemic. Well, if you are ready to overcome them.
However, you cannot underestimate the role of automation in restoring order in the business. CRM system helps to account for transactions, ensures data security, eliminates partly routine and reduces the time spent on individual processes and operations. The implementation of a CRM may be as a result of the revision of business processes and organizational changes, and basis, which will form the basis of future changes (this way is slightly more complicated). But the experience of our customers shows that with CRM better than without it.
Our Arsenal for complex automation of the business:
RegionSoft CRM is a powerful desktop CRM system for small and medium-sized businesses. Until 30 September -15% and a bunch of other buns.
ZEDLine Support — cloud based with user-friendly interface and high speed. Now, taking into account labor costs, and until September 30, we do credit your balance, adding 50% to your payment to the account.
Write, call, contact — automate to the teeth! 🙂